JOB NUMBER: 1264
Summary Located in the southwest desert of the US, our client uses an environmentally friendly solution mining technology to extract mineral rich brine solutions from a dry desert lake system. Processed on site, the brine is used to produce products such as sodium carbonate, boric acid, sodium sulfate, and specialty forms of borax. We are helping them to identify an Environmental Engineer. Reporting to the Manager Environmental, the successful candidate will be responsible for the companys compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local environmental permits and regulations with primary focus being air quality regulations.
They will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Prepare and submit emission inventories.
- Manage the stack testing program.
- Assist in preparation and submittal of applications for new or revised air permits.
- Help ensure compliance with the federal Title V program.
- Interact with the appropriate regulatory agency as necessary.
- Provide technical input to project design to avoid or mitigate adverse environmental effects and ensure compliance with environmental law and regulations.
- Help prepare and conduct Safety, Security, Health and Environmental (SSHE) training.
- Identify cost effective solutions for technical and regulatory environmental issues.
- Lead internal audit teams, prepare reports, and track project completion.
- Participate in incident investigation, mitigation, root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Prepare and submit reports to various agencies as required.
- Submit applications for new and revised permits.
- Ensure sample collections, analysis and reports are completed on a timely basis.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship with regulators at the local, state and federal level and participate in facility inspections.
- Compile, track, analyze and report analytical data.
- Participate in audits, inspections, and other regulatory compliance assurance activities.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering with a minimum of 3-5 years related experience or masters degree and 2 years relevant experience. Ideally in an industrial operation facility, chemical, refining or mining operation.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal environmental laws and regulations pertaining to compliance.
- Experience interacting with governmental agencies, especially with audits and testing such as Relative Accuracy Test Audits (RATA), Cylinder Gas Audits (CGA) and Stack Testing.
- Experience with air quality management including air permit applications, potential to emit (PTE) calculations and regulatory applicability analysis.
- Experience with coal-fired cogeneration operations, air emission control devices and regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of environmental management systems, specifically CEMS/COMS (Continuous Emission Monitoring System).
- Ability to interact and work effectively in a collaborative environment, interfacing with all levels of plant personnel.
- Ability to interpret, apply, audit, and communicate environmental regulatory compliance requirements.
- Experience of Federal air regulations and compliance required, with a strong preference for someone with experience of California regulations.
- Knowledge of water and hazardous waste regulations is preferred. Familiarity with ISO9000.
- Must be able to interact with external customers, sales and marketing and internal customers, while managing competing priorities.
- Ability to coach, manage, change, and facilitate team performance.
- Strong organizational, analytical, troubleshooting, and effective problem identification and solution skills.
DOE Market Competitive
Company Assistance Provided
VIEW MORE JOBS