Logistics and Distribution Services Manager
JOB NUMBER: 1281
Summary Located in the southwest desert of the US, our client uses an environmentally friendly solution mining technology to extract mineral rich brine from a dry desert lake system. Processed on site, the brine is used to produce products such as sodium carbonate, boric acid, sodium sulfate, and specialty forms of borax. We are helping them to identify a Logistics and Distribution Services Manager. This person will focus on developing and implementing robust, systematic supply chain solutions that deliver materials, bulk products, packaged goods, and services in support of the companys global business activities.
They will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Manage overall supply chain from receipt of bulk production through packaging, warehousing, loading, and distributing via truck, rail, sea container.
- Customize logistics network where cost effective, based on service needs for different customer/product segments.
- Adapt internal supply chains by product segment based on customer need and internal product loading and warehouse constraints.
- Support customer relationships management (CRM) through close coordination with Sales, QA and Distribution Services
- Optimize communication and planning among Sales, Manufacturing and Distribution Services to enable effective multi-level decision making.
- Ensure effectiveness and efficiency of internal supply chains using relevant metrics and KPIs.
- Align demand planning throughout the supply chains to minimize inventory and prevent out-of-stock conditions.
- Manage dispersed warehousing, loading, packaging, and shipping processes and teams.
- Oversee internal packaging operation to ensure safe, cost effective and timely integration with containerized supply chain segment.
- Oversee warehousing and bulk material handling and loading operations to ensure optimized cost, quality, delivery time and safe operation.
- Oversee San Diego, CA and Long Beach, CA port operations to ensure effective interface with third-party logistics (3PL) freight handlers and port authorities.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 7 years in a supply chain, logistics and/or transportation environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management.
- Manufacturing, durable goods or heavy industry experience is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of logistics, transportation, and warehousing.
- Must be familiar with federal and ideally, California laws regarding transit and delivery of goods and services.
- Must be familiar with US Port Operations.
- Proven ability to negotiate and maintain accountability with carriers and suppliers.
- Ability to lead staff, assign projects and tasks for maximum productivity and provide coaching to grow organizational capability.
- Excellent planning, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical, verbal, writing and presentation skills.
- Must be familiar with ISO9000.
Budgeting experience is a plus.
DOE Market Competitive
VIEW MORE JOBS