JOB NUMBER: 1305
Leads the technical team for the mill, and technically supports the Mill Operations Team (process control, optimization, targets, and laboratory).
- Set operational targets, including short and long-range production budgeting. When deviations to budget occur, develop plans to make up the differences.
- Utilize team and delegate work accordingly to ensure all process areas are receiving appropriate technical attention.
- Translate information and results from metallurgical test work into mill operating targets.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for mill improvement projects.
- Technically develop and lead junior metallurgists.
- Utilize knowledge of ore behaviour to help in process control refinement.
- Oversee mill laboratories.
- Ensure Process Control System is set up to optimally support process operations.
- Recommend changes and improvements as required.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelors Degree in Metallurgical or Mineral Processing Engineering or a related discipline is required. An advanced technical degree is favourable.
- Operation experience in a nickel or copper/nickel flotation concentrator is strongly preferred.
- Five years of experience is required in this role, preferably with operational and project responsibilities preferred
- It is preferred that the candidate have demonstrated strong report writing skills.
- Experience with process controls development and optimization will be advantageous.
- Operational experience with crushing, milling, flotation, dewatering systems is required.
DOE Market Competitive
Company Assistance Provided
VIEW MORE JOBS