Mine Maintenance Engineer
JOB NUMBER: 1257
Responsible for the development, communication and continuous improvement of the reliability and condition monitoring plan.
This position will also:
- Maintain/Build technical Databases, master data on E-SAP PM module and any other relevant information to sustain Maintenance Strategies and maintenance technical objects.
- Assist with the preparation and development of Strategic Business Plan process for both the Mine and Light Vehicles.
- Drive initiatives to optimize existing processes, practices, and equipment performance to improve cost and meet production goals.
- Comply with all and MSHA safety guidelines, HSEC programs and procedures.
- Comply with all standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Review and develop equipment strategies that reflect the operational needs to achieve the specified equipment availability, in conjunction with the agreed throughput rates and engineering standards for the equipment
- Establish historical trends to demonstrate cause and effect relationships for changes made.
- Conduct Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) to identify potential failure modes
- Complete Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on equipment downtime events that meet the RCA criteria developed by maintenance execution and maintenance reliability
- Review condition based monitoring reports and provide recommendations to maintenance through the SAP work management process
- Analyze schedule management feedback for opportunities to improve work management processes and/or external services utilization
- Prepare unforeseeable corrective work data, based on previous work history to support cost estimation at cost center/element level
- Identify potential trials seeking to reduce or predict equipment failures or reduce failure cost/impact
- Formal education in Technology, Engineering or Business is highly regarded.
- Knowledge of Electronic Machine Condition Monitoring System highly regarded
- Knowledge of Computerized Management Systems and Mine Dispatch highly regarded
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance process and practices highly regarded
- CAT VIMS, SAP and Minestar knowledge as a plus.
Key Competencies / Skills
- Graduate from mechanical/electrical engineering field or similar is preferable. Other college degrees will be considered if there is previous experience in Mine Mobile Maintenance.
- Intermediate computer skills. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Databases
- Makes effective contributions using team concept, ability to manage, influence and work within a multi discipline Maintenance team
DOE Market Competitive
VIEW MORE JOBS