Senior HR Generalist
JOB NUMBER: 1300
We are seeking experienced, qualified candidates for the position of Human ResourcesSr. Generalist. This position will perform Human Resources related duties at the professional level and carry out responsibilities in the following HR functional areas: employee relations, recruiting, employee development, policy and compliance, benefits and recognition. This position will have company-wide influence and reach across a 700-person manufacturing and minerals recovery organization consisting of hourly and salaried, operations and maintenance, technical and staff personnel. Compliance with applicable State and Federal Regulations related to employment, safety and environment is an important part of this position. This position reports to the Human Resources Manager.
- Collaborate with site HR and Operations leadership to provide advice on employee relations, performance management, recruiting and staffing.
- Collaborate with site HR and Operations to implement initiatives that increase organizational capability while ensuring the ability to attract and retain desired skills and talent.
- Maintain relationships at all levels of the organization and assist with projects and HR improvements as directed by leadership, facilitating change management and advising and coaching of stakeholders.
- Ensure compliant, consistent, effective and practical HR solutions in conflict management situations.
- Effectively use ADP Workforce Now analytics to provide expert advice, coaching and counsel to management on HR programs, policy, procedures and compliance.
- This position requires both leading and doing.
- Must possess a passion for working at the plant level and be comfortable supporting operations and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must demonstrate high level of integrity, discretion and absolute confidentiality in all areas of the job.
- Able to foster teamwork, interact and work effectively in a collaborative way.
- Must be a confident communicator, possessing excellent listening, written and verbal skills.
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills; able to successfully mediate and resolve conflict.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelors Degree and at least 7 years HR experience or combination of experience and education.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in heavy industry, manufacturing, mining or oil and gas industry.
- At least 3 years of HR generalist experience with a medium to large company working across a variety of HR disciplines including employee relations, compliance, and employee engagement.
- Familiarity with immigration laws, regulations and policies governing foreign nationals is a plus.
This position is seen as an important grooming assignment for advancement within the company. The successful candidate will have practical experience and broad knowledge in key functional areas of the HR discipline with demonstrated experience in employee relations, policy and compliance, performance management and change management. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and experienced with computerized HRIS systems such as ADP Workforce Now. Must have demonstrated strong and effective communication skills: written, oral, and inter-personal. Must be familiar with basic requirements of key labor and employment laws, both California state and federal.Apply Now
DOE Market Competitive
Company Assistance Provided
VIEW MORE JOBS