VP Finance – Controller Ouray, CO
Title: VP Finance / Controller
Location: Ridgeway, Ouray, Montrose area of Colorado
Compensation: Market Competitive + Bonus/Incentives
Relocation: Local/regional candidates preferred
The VP Finance/Controller provide oversight to the financial functions of the Company, and perform the duties and responsibilities generally associated with being an executive officer…
This VP will be an entrepreneurial leader who can build strong relationships, inspire confidence and seize opportunities. This individual will provide oversight and guidance to Management in the development of the Company’s projects and provide leadership in pursuing a growth strategy.
Provide leadership in all areas of finance and accounting; be a true financial and strategic contributor to the Company – develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the Board, the CEO and the senior executive team to lead a proactive approach to the financial function.
Manage and direct all financial requirements associated with being a publicly traded company, including the preparation and release of timely, accurate financial statements and all regulatory financial reports; ensure that internal and external accounting and reporting is in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and that the Company is in compliance with all regulatory reporting requirements – ensuring compliance with local, state and federal taxation and oversee compliance with securities regulation, rules and policies.
- Develop key relationships with bankers and the investment community.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and GAAP requirements.
- Oversee the finance, accounting, billing and auditing procedures – including the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure and position control documents, ledger, and account maintenance and data entry.
- Interact with managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports and recommendations.
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses.
- Establish and implement short and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate department staff.
- Develop a strong business partnership relationship with the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Contribute to the growth of the Company.
- A seasoned, experienced leader with senior executive experience and highly adept at dealing with diverse portfolio and multiple stakeholder relationships. Ideally will have a combination of technical skills with a strong business financial acumen.
- Carries the wisdom of managing effectively through all elements of a business cycle. This person will understand how to capitalize on growth opportunities while building on organic growth.
- Entrepreneurial experience in the mining business.
- Creatively uses diverse business models and partnerships to share risk and accelerate development. Strategic planning to adapt to changing market conditions
- An executive with drive, energy and the ability to take the company to the next level.
- Visionary leader, collaborative team builder who has demonstrated the ability to build and nurture a start-up organization into a more established mid-tier mining platform.
- Strong presence and presentation skills – comfortable dealing with people in the field, in the boardroom or the investment community.
- Strong financial and commercial understanding – knowledge of financial metrics, financial strategy and capital markets.
- Understanding the business
- Making complex decisions
- Focusing on Action and Outcomes – strategic positioning, growth
- Managing Diverse Relationships
- Communicating Effectively
- Managerial Courage
- Demonstrating Personal Flexibility
- Preparation of GAAP financial statements.
- Planning and overseeing the annual audit including internal control testing.
- Assisting with the annual budget including review and analysis of results against budget
- Review transactions related to mine development and operations
- Providing supervision and guidance to the accounting team
- Provide support in the preparation of corporate tax returns
- Very comfortable with complex accounting issues, SEC reporting, Sarbanes Oxley
- Previous Mining Industry experience, ideally, on an operating mine
- The ability to multi-task, work to tight deadlines and be highly detailed and organized is essential
- Experience with Great Plains (GP) would be highly desirable
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills
Contact: Robert Schultz, President MRC Corp
MRC – Executive Search for Mining Professionals